Monday, October 24, 2011

Time Passes As If It Were A Dream

I can't believe that Neil and I have been married for 6 months now!!! I'm such a lucky girl!!!! I can't imagine my life without him. Being married is the BEST!!!
Life has been a wonderful whirlwind. A quick synopsis of the last six months seems needed. After the wedding we spent a week at Lake Chelan in Washington. We spent the summer in Federal Way, WA. Neil worked for Boeing Field. I studied and passed the national nursing licensure examination, the NCLEX. As of June 6th I officially became Karen Ralph, RN. (It feels fabulous to finally have those initials behind my name!!!!) I worked for Evergreen Eye Center as a circulating nurse in their surgery center helping with mostly cataract surgery. I worked with some amazing people and still miss them!! We also had an addition to our family when we got an adorable red poodle named Lily. She is a wonderful companion and one of the sweetest dogs I've ever met. We love out little girl. Overall, it was a wonderful summer.  But summer ended and Neil and I needed to head back to school.
Getting to school turned into one headache after another. The apartment we rented turned into a lemon and before we finished moving in, we immediately began looking for a new place. Thankfully within a few weeks we had a new place and new renters of our "lemon".  (The apartment that we have now is TINY but nice so we love it. But if we don't invite anyone over it's because there's not much room for company.)
Neil is again working his cute little tush off as a mechanical engineer major. His classes are insanely hard and the teachers... well, let's just say I'm not a fan of their teaching style. But Neil is a trooper, and one super smart kid. I'm so proud of him. I'm also taking classes part time to finish my bachelor degree while I look for a full-time job. So if anyone has an in for a nursing job for me, PLEASE let me know!! Overall, we're finally getting settled into our new life here at school. And life is good!!
Time just seems to go so fast!! I still can't believe its almost November!! We obviously aren't the best at blogging but its on my to do list of things to improve on. Hopefully we'll get some pictures posted from the wedding, our puppy and our tiny (but nice) apartment.

PS I LOVE NEIL RALPH!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you're still alive and doin' well!! Can't wait to see pics of your humble abode!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHA! Found your blog, thanks to Amaree ;P

    ReplyDelete