Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas!!!

I have just completed my penultimate semester of school and will be able to finish up the rest of my classes online  and with a few visits to campus.   This means I have moved to Twin Falls to be with my wife!!!! We have been apart for too long.  The down side is now having to fit everything from both apartments into one. On the Friday of the last week of school Karen came down to Rexburg and we packed everything up with the help of Sarah and her husband Tug, We made quick work filling our enclosed 5x8 trailer and two SUV's FULL OF STUFF. Lots of stuff.  This reminded us again of how much stuff we have.  We spent the night snuggled up on a twin sized air mattress and headed out the next day for twin falls.  Now the big feat of re-organizing it all lies ahead.

This Christmas has come and gone very quickly. We were able to spend it in Boise with Karen's family. We had a great time visiting with those that could make it.  Karen just started nights at the hospital.  So we had to rush  back home on Christmas day so Karen could start her 12 hour shift from 7pm to 7am. Her first few nights last week went well but she still spends most of the day recovering.  This past Sunday after her last of three night shifts we drove to Boise to stay with her sister and spend time with family for Christmas. So she did not get much sleep that day. We finally got to bed around midnight and she awoke a mere 14 hours later after some very well deserved sleep, even though all the nieces and nephews wanted her to wake up and play. 

I'm being introduced to a new tradition where we open only gifts from Santa on Christmas Day and the others we open Christmas eve.  As much as the little kid in me wants to open all my gifts as soon as possible, I'm still a little hesitant.  I'm sure it will work out nicely in the future and our kids will love getting to open their presents early too just like the kid in me always wanted to.

We wish you all a wonderfully Merry Christmas and wish this New Year brings you many amazing blessings and experiences.  

No comments:

Post a Comment