Monday, December 3, 2012

NOVEMBER



(I'm so glad that Neil added an update. I, like usual, have good intentions but seem to be horrible at updating our blog.)

Like Neil said, he hopefully has two weeks left until we'll be together again. Its kind of interesting the reactions I get from people when they find out that my husband and I are happily married and completely in LOVE but we live in two different cities in two different apartments. Some people are sympathetic and agree that it must be ridiculously hard. But then there's always a few who comment how lucky I am because they would love to have time away from their spouse. I married Neil because he's my best friend and an amazing man. He makes me laugh and just makes every day better. I'm praying (and pleading) that we'll be together again soon!!! 

So I said I'd share more about work so here I go. I am a Labor & Delivery nurse. I have an INCREDIBLE job. I work with women in a critical and utterly life changing experience!!! It is incredibly rewarding but every day I am stressed to the MAX!!!!!!! Sometimes people don't realize that during this time I have TWO patients. I care for a mother and an unborn child. All I can see in regards to that child is a heart rate based on a device that translates sounds into a tracing on paper. Its awesome but not fool proof. The other crazy part is what can be a very simple and natural thing can turn into an EMERGENCY in the blink of an eye. Its an incredible responsibility!!! With that being said, I cant imagine a more fulfilling job. I am so blessed to be a nurse. I get to educate, encourage, comfort, coach, and ultimately bond with a stranger to bring Heavenly Father's little miracles to earth.

Normally as a nurse our responsibility is to get our patient to a crown and make sure the doctor is nearby so that they can deliver the baby. (Obviously doctors are also available to discuss and determine the plan of care when problems arise.) But normally nurses do not deliver babies. BUT there are times when it will inevitably happen that a woman will walk in complete or crowning and a doctor just can't make it in time. To prepare for these times, newer nurses such as my self like to be prepared by having a doctor walk us through a few deliveries. Last week was my second hands on delivery. I had been with my patient all day and they were a wonderful couple. They were more then willing to let me deliver they're little girl and it definitely was a very special moment. I love my job and love talking about it so f anyone has questions I'd love to answer them as best I can!! 


(This was our Halloween costume. I was a doctor and this was my injured patient! =) But these are actually my work scrubs that I wear when I do cesarean sections or if I get covered in amniotic fluid and need to change my clothes. hehe)


So thankfully Neil and I were able to be together for Thanksgiving and we had a wonderful time with my sister Lori and her family in Boise. Thanksgiving was wonderful with Lori's family and my brother Mark and his family. We all have much to be grateful for this Thanksgiving!!!! 
On Friday we went with Lori's family to the YMCA in Caldwell and went to the pool. It was super FUN! It was a BLAST playing with the kids and the pool was awesome!!! (Yes Neil and I tend to act like big kids so we fit right in.) =) There was a lazy river, a whirlpool, a BIG slide, and fountains and water toys. We were there for hours!! Afterwards Lori and Justin and Neil and I went on a double date to a new place called the Mongo Grill in Meridian. It was so much fun!! Then Saturday we were up early for Logan's soccer game. Then we met my best friend Shayla and her husband Jeff for my favorite breakfast at Kneader's. Their all you can eat french toast is to die for!!!! Then we headed back to the indoor field to watch Tyson's soccer game.  Afterwards it was time to head back to Twin Falls. Neil and I decided to ring in the Christmas season by getting a tree. It was soooooo much fun to decorate the tree and watch Home Alone with Neil!!!!! I LOVE CHRISTMAS. I love the happy nostalgic feeling I get when I see a lit tree and the excitement I get when I listen to Christmas songs on the radio!! I love remembering our Savior and his miraculous birth and focusing on the JOY that our Savior brings!!!!! It's such a great feeling!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment