Sunday, December 7, 2014

August 1st 2014- OUR BIG FAT POSITIVE!!!!!!!

I'm not sure how to write this post... but I guess I'll begin by saying that Neil and I waited a LONG time to finally be able to say those two FABULOUS words: We're Expecting!!!  I don't want to go into the details but to simply say, I have endometriosis and it has been a SIGNIFICANT challenge in my life. We waited awhile to go public with our news and not to be anticlimactic but if you're reading this you already know what our big news is. But  I really just wanted to SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOF TOPS!!!!! So here in way too much detail for most, is the day our lives changed forever!!

So the morning of August 1st, I was actually going into the doctor's office for a blood draw. But me being me, I just needed to take a typical urine test at home. I wanted to have a head's up as to which way the blood test might go. (I hate surprises- especially when its not really a surprise! Like when someone tells you they have a surprise. It's not a surprise if I know something is coming!!) But I just needed to see a negative with the hopes that a blood test would be more accurate OR HOPEFULLY I'd get a BIG FAT POSITIVE which would almost guarantee that my blood test would be positive!!!

So I dipped my urine and went about getting ready for the day. I glanced down and noticed that there was NOT just one line, like SO MANY TIMES BEFORE, but there were TWO!!!! 
COUNT THEM: TWO GLORIOUS LITTLE LINES!!!!!!!!

BUT....Me being me: I decided it wasn't enough. These test can be wrong. So I quickly dipped two different brands of tests (even the expensive digital one I had gotten for this exact moment) and they quickly pulled up POSITIVE. So that made THREE tests!!!! Three tests that all said that I WAS PREGNANT!!!!!! Knocked up, preggo, in the family way, preggers, PREGNANT!!!!! WE WERE PREGNANT!!!

Neil was with me and we both laughed in a kind of shock and amazement! I thought I would cry. (Believe me I had done a lot of crying and begging and pleading.) But instead of tears I was just SO GRATEFUL. SO HAPPY. Neil and I kneeled down and offered a prayer of sincere and heart felt gratitude. It was an incredibly spiritual moment and I don't think I'll ever forget it. (And now I cry as I think about it!) We were just so HAPPY! We had months and years of disappointments. It just seemed so SURREAL!!!!!

So although we got 3 positive tests, I still went and got my blood drawn. As silly as it sounds, I was still nervous. Maybe something was wrong with all 3 tests! When you've worked so hard for something, it's almost terrifying to believe that it could really be happening. Well I got off work and wanted to be near Neil's work when the call came in. When the nurse called I asked if she could call me right back and leave a message so that my husband and I could hear it together. I ran over to Neil's work and he came right out to the car. We sat there and listened and sure enough, I WAS PREGNANT!!! We couldn't have been more THRILLED!!

I wish I could say that we, more like I, stopped worrying after that. But I haven't. I'm now 22 weeks and I worry much much less!!! But I constantly pray that this sweet baby will be protected and watched over!! So that was probably a ridiculously long story for a positive pregnancy test, but it truly was a MIRACULOUS day for us!! And this sweet baby is already sooooo LOVED!!!!! 

WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!!!! BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment