Sunday, December 7, 2014

Baby Ralph- First Trimester

So I had some issues but I am so grateful that we were able to see this little squirt more frequently because of it. At 7 weeks we had an ultrasound and there was our sweet baby's heart beat thudding away!!! It was AMAZING!!!! (I tried to add the video clip of the heart beat but couldn't get it. So maybe I'll try again later')
7 weeks- Isn't our peanut precious!!??
I LOVE THIS LITTLE PEANUT!!!

8 weeks pregnant
At 9 weeks we also got another ultrasound. Again baby Ralph was going strong and was actually ahead of schedule by a week and a day. (And at 22 weeks is still measuring over a week ahead of schedule.)

(As a silly side note: if you ever have the chance for an early ultrasound, there is a theory called the Ramzi Method that is pretty convincing about gender and placental implantation. It basically correlates a baby's gender based on where the placenta implants. The study showed that boys implant on the right side 97% of the time and girls implant on the left side 97%. So there is a 3% chance for both boys and girls that are opposite of those findings but a fun theory I'd say!! http://pregnancy.about.com/od/genderpredictions1/ss/Ramzis-Method-To-Determine-Fetal-Gender.htm
I tested it out at my 9 week ultrasound, I asked where the placenta implanted: it was on the right side. Implantation on the right side means: a boy! So was it right??)
9 weeks- Looks like a little duck to me!
At 13 weeks and 4 days we got another ultrasound. At this point I was friendly with the ultrasound tech. Her name is Barbara and she is WONDERFUL! She asked if I was eager to know the gender and we said of course. So she said she'd she what she could do. Well it wasn't too hard to guess. (As a Labor & Delivery nurse I was able to do ultrasounds on patients. We mostly did them to make sure that a baby wasn't breech. All I was legally allowed to point out was the head, heart and bladder. BUT I also got decent at doing them) Our tech didn't have to tell us what we suspected. =) There was definitely something there. =) And based on the Ramzi Method it was correct! Cool huh?!

13 weeks- It's a BOY!
It was early so we told family with a little "gender reveal" but didn't officially announce it until after our anatomy scan. We wanted to verify our "findings" in case it was a mistake.


As for morning sickness- yes I had it. But it was different for me. I was extremely nauseous which was NOT fun. But I was SO DIZZY! Like in bed or on the couch besides trips to the bathroom. It was pretty debilitating. I ended up taking all my PTO at work. It was stressful and I didn't know when it would end. Thankfully I worked it out with my boss to let me go from full time to PRN. In the medical field that means part time/ as needed. I'm only required to work a minimal number of hours every so many weeks. It's been such a blessing. And even as horrible as I felt, I was just SO GRATEFUL!!! Of course I'm grateful to finally feel "human" again but I'd do it all over again for this sweet baby!!

And I have to give the BIGGEST shout out to my AMAZING husband Neil!!!!! I know through all the ups and downs that I am EXTREMELY BLESSED to have him at my side. But I have to say, He did EVERYTHING for those weeks I was so sick. Again I was in bed or on the couch  so he cooked, he cleaned, he bought groceries, and  all while working his full time job. He was a CHAMP!! He took such good care of me. He still is such a sweet, patient, caring man and I'm so excited for my children to have a Father like him!!

13 weeks
Doesn't his face look like a luchador mask??
Like in Nacho Libre??
So other side note: Even with all the sickness, dizziness etc it's still such a crazy thing to know you're pregnant but to not feel the baby yet. And yes, I'm a total worry wart. Every day I prayed that this little peanut would be ok. But I'd still worry! BUT, the BEST thing I have bought this pregnancy was a doppler. Not the kind they sell at Babies R Us etc. But the type we have on the Labor & Delivery floor. It was $50 on Amazon. It came with a little packet of gel. But we bought a big bottle of gel for $3 that's still going strong. I got the doppler right at 12 weeks and instantly got that PERFECT sound of a racing heart beat!!!!! (Some women get them sooner and find the heart beat sooner but it's not guaranteed until 12 weeks.) It has been AMAZING!!!! I just take a couple minutes every day to listen and it is SOOOO REASSURING!!! I'd recommend it to anyone! I plan to use it with other pregnancies too!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in OCTOBER
Once I started feeling better Neil and I were able to do some fun things like a spontaneous weekend trip to Myrtle Beach with our good friends the Mitchells. I also started working again. It's draining and my sciatic nerves haven't loved me standing for long periods but I really enjoy the ladies I work with and being back in the operating room. All in all, I'm extremely BLESSED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment