Sunday, December 7, 2014

Weeks 18 and 19- Anatomy Scan

At 18 weeks and 4 days I had my anatomy scan. It was soooooo WONDERFUL to see our sweet baby and to hear how well he was doing. Barbara the ultrasound tech went over every little inch of him in detail. She said he looked PERFECT. He was still measuring a week and a day ahead of schedule. Little over achiever! ;) It was so fun to see his fingers and toes and we even got a 3-D image of his sweet face that's my FAVORITE!!

Look at his precious face!! His hand is up by his face.
There's his adorable nose and lips and chin!!
I am completely smitten!!!!!
18 weeks- Still a BOY!!!!
So as our 13 week ultrasound showed... our little man was still just that!! A little man!! Neil and I like to joke that I'm growing a penis. (I'm sorry if that offends anyone!! We just think it's hilarious!!) But I know so many people choose to wait to find out the gender until birth and I'm all for "to each his own." And I feel sooo lucky to have found out at 13 weeks. To me it's amazing to be able to give this child an identity. I know our society is full of opinions about gender and its role. But I believe what The Family: A Proclamation to the World says about gender. (You can read more here:
https://www.lds.org/topics/family-proclamation) "Gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose."  Knowing that we're having a little boy allowed us to start calling him Him instead of IT. I love talking about our son instead of just "the baby"! He just has so much more of an identity now. If only we could decide on a name! ;) Haha!


So during the ultrasound Barbara asked if I had felt him moving yet. I of course was slightly embarrassed  to admit that no I hadn't. There might have been moments that I thought possibly may have been him moving but I just wasn't sure. Well she assured me that he was a MOVER! =) Well that night I layed in bed, propped up on pillows and I put my hand on my tummy and basically squished my little guy. It was SO FUN!!!! (I'm such a good mom!) I basically gave him no choice but to wiggle around! And that he did! He gave me a few good kicks! After that I knew what I was feeling!  I LOVE feeling him throughout the day, getting a little kick now and then. It was really fun too when we used my doppler and there would be a commotion and I could feel him squirming around at the same time. It always makes me smile. My little squirt is already very feisty! =)
18 weeks
 Doesn't his face look like the ape from Tarzan- Turk? =)
18 weeks
Side profile
Look at that adorable nose!!!
So this is where I'm going to admit once again what a worry wart I am! I think I was 17 weeks when we finally announced on Facebook that we were expecting. I know people who wait much longer. And I think we would have waited longer but Neil finally said it was time. It was getting harder to hide my tummy and Neil had had to bite his tongue a few times when He had conversations with friends at church or work so that he didn't slip our secret. (Family had been told previously along with a few close friends.) It wasn't that I didn't want people to know. Remember how I really wanted to SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOF TOPS??? I still did! But I once again will blame it on our LONG journey. What if something happened to my baby???? Even as I write this I have these fears in the back of my head that try to creep in. I know that fear is a lack of faith and is really just Satan. But I also understand that the Lord gives us trials. Extremely difficult trials at times. And I know we have been SOOOOO BLESSED!!!! So I'm choosing to focus on this time I have to carry this precious SON OF GOD. I know it is going all too fast!!!

But I definitely am grateful for my sweet husband who knows when to push me. We had our cute announcement made at 11 weeks =) So it was time to debut our BIG PROMOTION!! =)
This makes me soooo HAPPY



19 weeks
20 weeks

1 comment: